The Power of Showing Up

 
The Power of Showing Up

By: Marco Rice

Consistency, this is the name of the game when it comes to fitness and especially weight lifting. Growing up I was the tall and skinny guy, everyone would always describe me as that and I hated it. It motivated me to start weight lifting and become stronger. 


For my 14th birthday, I wanted one thing and one thing only, a gym membership. My sister who is 2 years older than me, had a gym membership and took me to her gym one time. After that gym session I was hooked and begged for a membership to my parents. They agreed to buy me a gym membership and I haven’t looked back. 

When I first got my gym membership I was showing up once or twice a week and wasn’t consistent. I thought I was doing enough by going to the gym for a couple hours a week, but soon realized that showing up everyday for an hour was way more beneficial. 

Once covid hit, I used my home gym in my garage and became dedicated to weight lifting and trying to be in the best shape possible. I lifted every single day, ate the correct food and amount of protein, created workout plans, and used the web to correct my form and find exercises. 


A couple months into working out during covid, I was seeing progress and realized how important consistency is.  I kept on working out daily and built a mindset that would forever change the way I do things. I saw how if you do something everyday, even the days you want to, it can lead to great things and drastic improvements. 

I use this mindset now in everything I do in life. Senior year of highschool I didn’t miss a day of school, and same thing so far in college. I ended up getting my Eagle Scout Award after consistent hours of paperwork and planning. And also have a Tik Tok page with over 1,000 followers that I have been posting for 11 months straight. 

Showing up everyday, especially the days you don’t want to, staying consistent and driven, is the mindset you need to improve your life. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health and Lifestyle

49ers Season Preview