Health and Lifestyle

 Health and Lifestyle 

By: Marco Rice

Ever since the age of 5, sports have been a huge part of my life. I played every sport you can think of from baseball to tennis, ultimate frisbee to basketball, skiing to football, and much more. Sports were everything for me and my family. Almost every weekend was filled with different sports games and long road trips. 

This all changed one Tuesday afternoon during my junior year of high school when I tore my acl running a route in football. Everything in my life went on pause during this injury, and it was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through. 

After my surgery, I went through a difficult time where I had to reinvent myself from an athlete, to a used to be athlete. I stopped working out and lost focus on my health and living with the correct lifestyle that I wanted to live with. This experience made me realize all the benefits of working out and staying in shape, and how it makes you feel if you don’t do physical activity. 

Maintaining a healthy diet and physical activity routine was crucial for me and my wellbeing. Being away from working out, playing sports, and being around others who shared similar interests as mine, really took me into a deep place. And I hope by having good time management, i’m able to balance school, social life, and physical activity. So that I will be mentally stable and continue to have joy in my life. 

Other people may have different opinions on working out and staying active. And just because someone doesn’t do any physical activity doesn’t mean they won’t be happy. But in my case, I believe and have experienced how much working out can do for someone's mental state when they are feeling down. Living a healthy lifestyle will give you more confidence in your everyday life and will impact you greatly.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Showing Up

49ers Season Preview